Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) is the most common form of hair loss
The main type of hair loss in both sexes is male or female pattern hair loss (known as androgenetic alopecia) caused by an imbalance in the sex hormones or androgens in the body, sometimes associated with a hereditary or genetic predisposition to this condition
• AGA is caused by a progressive reduction in the diameter, length and pigmentation of the hair.
• Male-Pattern Hair Loss (MPHL), the hair loss typically presents itself as either a receding front hairline, loss of hair on the crown (vertex) of the scalp, or a combination of both.
• Female-pattern hair loss (FPHL) typically presents as a diffuse thinning of the hair across the entire scalp.
- Ideal oral supplement in Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA)
- It should help in Hair Recovery & Regrowth as a Nutritional Supplement
- It should combine key Anti-oxidants, Anti-lnflammatory Agents & Botanical 5-a Reductase lnhibitors
Benefits of an oral supplement in Androgenetic Alopecia
It should help to restore and support thicker and faster growth of thinning hair through five key pathways:
- Supporting stimulation of hair growth
- Helping support in prevention of hair loss
- Nutritional support to help block DHT
- Delivering key antioxidants
- Supplying anti-inflammatory benefits
Ideal Ingredients of a hair growth supplement
- Studies have shown plant phytosterols such as Beta-Sitosterol nourish and support a healthy and normal androgen sex hormone state in the body
- They also nourish and support a more normal and healthy state of reduced inflammation
Omega 3 & 6 Fatty acids
- Omega fatty acids are a key family of polyunsaturated fats. These are essential fats, obtained from dietary sources as body cannot synthesis in sufficient quantity
- They help nourish and support a more normal and healthy state of reduced inflammation.
- Inflammation is commonly associated with hair loss and other scalp disorders
- Studies have shown Soy lsoflavones nourish and support a healthy and more normally balanced androgen sex hormone state in the body.
- They provide potent antioxidant protection to help prevent oxidative stress-induced aging of the hair follicle
- Melatonin is important in hair health. The anagen hair follicle (HF) produces melatonin internally.
- Melatonin is a potent antioxidant-free radical scavenger with a capacity to help protect the follicle from effects of systemic stress.
- Melatonin also helps nourish and support a healthy and normal androgen sex hormone state in the body.
Green Tea Extracts
- Green Tea provides potent antioxidant protection to help prevent oxidative stress-induced aging of the hair follicle
- It helps to reduced inflammation & balance the androgen level in body
- Epigallocatechin-3-gallate, the main polyphenol in green tea, helps protect and stimulate the hair follicle and studies have shown it helps nourish and prolong the anagen growth phase.
- Vitamin D pathway has been shown to regulate hair follicle biology in mammals and humans and is crucial for hair health.
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased hair shedding
REFERENECE: Nichols, Anna & Hughes, Olivia & Canazza, Agnese & Zaiac, Martin. (2017). An Open-Label Evaluator Blinded Study of the Efficacy and Safety of a New Nutritional Supplement in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study. Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 10. 52-56.