- Shower regularly and dry yourself completely before dressing
- Avoid wearing tight garments such as jeans, leggings and jeggings. Wear loose fitting cotton garments
- Don’t share your bed linen, towel and clothes.
- Dry the clothes inside out. Wear well dried inner garments after about 3-4 days of washing if ironing is not possible.
- To reduce fungal spore load in the immediate environment; dust, wet mop or vacuum the house and clean with soap and detergent.
- Remove waistband, wristband etc.
- In case of tinea cruris or jock itch, (fungal infections in the groin area), wear “boxer shorts” instead of the tight fitting ones(Frenchie) that hug the groin and cut into it.
- Wear non-occlusive (open-loose) footwear like sandals etc. if possible.
- Sensitize people about the morbidities associated with obesity and encourage them to lose weight.
- Regular removal of hair on genitalia.
- Keeping scalp clean and do not share combs, hairbrushes, hats or helmets.
- Vacuuming is considered the best method if possible.
- Wet moping may be ideal in our country.
- Washable surfaces should be cleaned thoroughly with detergent soap and hot water.
- This should be repeated at least once daily for 4-6 weeks until all affected persons have eliminated fungal infection.
Treatment given by doctor
Please consult your dermatologist for any fungal infection and take your medicine as advised by your dermatologist.