Skip to content
- Try not to squeezeor pick acne lesions as this can aggravate them and may cause scarring.
- When you have acne, it is important to take treatment to control it as early as it appears. This helps to avoid permanent scarring and reduces embarrassment.
- You must use advisedtreatment for at least two months before you observeany improvement.
- Some creams may dry or irritate the skin initially. If you developredness and irritation by a cream or lotion, stop treatment temporarilyfor a few days and use the treatment less frequently and then buildup gradually.
- Only use make up products that are oil-free or water-based. Choose products labelled as ‘non-comedogenic’ (do not cause whiteheadsor blackheads) or non-acnegenic (don’t cause acne).
- Gently cleanse your skin and remove make-up with an oil-free soap substitute. Scrubbing can irritate the skin and make acne worse. Blackheads are not caused due to bad hygiene.
- There is little to no evidence that chocolate and “fast foods” cause acne; however, a balanced diet including fresh fruit and vegetables will help your overall health.