- Try not to squeezeor pick acne lesions as this can aggravate them and may cause scarring.
- When you have acne, it is important to take treatment to control it as early as it appears. This helps to avoid permanent scarring and reduces embarrassment.
- You must use advisedtreatment for at least two months before you observeany improvement.
- Some creams may dry or irritate the skin initially. If you developredness and irritation by a cream or lotion, stop treatment temporarilyfor a few days and use the treatment less frequently and then buildup gradually.
- Only use make up products that are oil-free or water-based. Choose products labelled as ‘non-comedogenic’ (do not cause whiteheadsor blackheads) or non-acnegenic (don’t cause acne).
- Gently cleanse your skin and remove make-up with an oil-free soap substitute. Scrubbing can irritate the skin and make acne worse. Blackheads are not caused due to bad hygiene.
- There is little to no evidence that chocolate and “fast foods” cause acne; however, a balanced diet including fresh fruit and vegetables will help your overall health.
What is hyperhidrosis?
Hyperhidrosis means excessive sweating. It can be localized or can affect the whole body.
What is iontophoresis?
Iontophoresis is a safe and effective treatment for reducing excessive sweating of the hands and feet.
What does the treatment process involve?
It involves using an iontophoresis machine to pass a weak electrical current through the affected areas of skin. This is done by placing the hands and feet in a tray filled with tap water. A small current is passed through the water one way for a fixed duration of time and then polarity reversed for the same duration.
Are any medications required during the treatment process?
Generally, tap water is enough. Sometimes glycopyrrolate solution is added to enhance efficacy.
How does iontophoresis work?
There are various theories regarding exact mechanism:
- The electric current with mineral particles in the water blocks the flow of sweat by thickening the outer layer of skin.
- By decreasing the pH value in the sweat gland, it reduces the amount of sweat produced.
- The electric current disrupts nerve transmission thus preventing the functioning of sweat duct.
Who can anyone receive treatment?
Iontophoresis treatment indications and contraindications:
- Avoid if cardiac pacemaker or similar electronic device implant,
- Avoid if you have metal implants in pathway of electric current,
- Remove Jewelry during treatment process,
- Avoid in pregnancy
- The safe lower age limit for iontophoresis is 5 years.
Does it work for everyone?
After the recommended treatment sessions, up to 85% people report relief in palmo-planter hyperhidrosis. About 70% get reliefinaxillary/underarms hyperhidrosis. Iontophoresis works best when higher intensity currents are used, or the treatment regimen continued for longer duration.
Does it cure sweating?
The effects are short term and the treatment needs to be continued when the sweating returns. Maintenance treatments are required usually once weekly or fortnightly to control the excessive sweating.
What does the treatment process involve?
Treatment schedule involves 2-3 treatments /week over the course of 4 weeks. After this top-up sessions may be required on a weekly to monthly basis.
How long does each session take?
Each session lasts for an average 20-30 minutes.
Is it painful?
Some people may find the treatment uncomfortable. You may feel a stinging/tingling ‘pins and needles’ sensation during session.
What are the potential side effects?
Side effects are unusual and short lived.
Some people can experience:
- bruising or blisters if the current intensity is too high.
- a sensation of warmth if the electrode is touched.
- an electric sensation if hands or feet are removed from the tray’s midway through treatment.
- moderate thickening of the skin with frequent treatments,
- itchiness in treatment area
Where can I receive iontophoresis treatment in Delhi?
Iontophoresis treatment is available at DermaStation Clinic at Janakpuri, Delhi.
ENDYMED is the treatment of choice for A-list celebrities including David Beckham, Kim Kardashian, and Anna Kendrick and is featured in world’s leading publications like Marie Claire, Vogue and Tatler Magazine.
ENDYMED INTENSIF Radiofrequency(RF) uses cutting-edge microneedling technology to rejuvenate skin from the inside out.
ENDYMED INTENSIF treatment delivers radiofrequency energy three layers deep into the skin using gold plated non-insulated needles and fractionated pulse mode technology to create fractional columns of coagulation and volumetric heating up to a controlled depth of up to 3.5 mm.
Acne scars, deep lines and wrinkles, lax- sagging skin on face and neck, tired skin, dull tone, textural abnormalities and open pores.
ENDYMED SKIN TIGHTENING
ENDYMED Tightening with Minishaperis a non-invasive, pain-free treatment that uses 3DEEP technology to deliver focused radiofrequency energy, heating deep dermal tissue to stimulate new collagen formation.
ENDYMED Mini-shaper handpiece targets the face, neck, jowls, arms, flanks, knees and submental area.
Knee wrinkles(kninkles), flabby arms, love handles, drooping jowls and double chin.
ENDYMED MINISHAPER tightens and shapes body areas with low levels of fat.
Tummy, Flanks, Bottom and Thighs.